Wednesday, July 3, 2013

French wine on 4th of July eve?

Hey, NSA, I'm a traitor.  Guess what I'm drinking on this fine Sunny Seattle Afternoon of July 3, 2013?  A French Cote de Provence rosé - the 2012 Miradou.  A dry, affordable, delicious summery wine.  Label says it's bottled in Sorgues, France.  Sorgues is just a stone's throw south of the legendary Chateauneuf du Pape area and just a stone's throw north of Avignon.  I found this little gem at Savour in Ballard.

The flaw in my traitorous theory is that French wine most likely played a large role in the founding of our nation and the American revolution.  Thomas Jefferson was a lush for Bordeaux, and how many times did Benjamin Franklin solicit the help of the French leading up to 1776?  I think everyone lost count.  But you can't say French wine didn't have something to do with Franklin's influence on the French and vice versa.  So, thank you French rosé, for making my 4th of July so pleasurable!

Final thought: We're all in this together.  Pick your poison.

No comments :

Post a Comment